Change How You Eat - Lose Weight, Eating Well

 Most diet programs tell you to change what you eat, but how about how you eat? Read on to learn eating techniques and tips to help you chow down healthier.



Don't Eat At Night
This is my biggest success secret personally.  And it's really not that huge of a secret.  We all know that we have to eat to fuel our bodies.   When you're sleeping, your body doesn't need more food to keep it going.  So, if you're looking to lose weight, why would you down a huge dessert before bedtime?  I suggest not eating about 3 hours before bed, or after 7:00 at night.  This way, instead of gaining overnight you can lose!  Who wouldn't love that?

Eat a Bigger Breakfast
Who wouldn't just love this one? I mean, eating more is something I don't mind doing one bit!  Actually, this is more suggesting instead of having a small breakfast, medium lunch, and a large dinner, you switch everything around so you have a medium breakfast, large lunch, and a small dinner.  The reasoning behind this is similar to the last tip.  You eat to fuel your body, and you're body usually need more fueling throughout the day than at night.  So chow don some more OJ and eggs, will you?

Control Your Portions
Nowadays, portion sizes are seriously OUT OF CONTROL!  You know you're eating too much when your heap of spaghetti is the size of your head.  Since your stomach is only the size of your fist before expanding, you don't need a meal to be any bigger than your palm.  We all know that probably isn't going to happen in our society, especially when dining out... just keep in mind that you don't have to eat the whole mountain of pasta.  You'll get a stomach ache anyways.

"Proportionalize" Your Plate
Next time your eating a meal, take a look at the different food groups taking residence on your plate.  Which one's taking up the most space?   If its fruits and veggies, bravo!  Chances are carbs and starches (like rice) are taking up the most room.  An ideal plate would be 50% fruits or veggies, 25% proteins, and 25% carbs and starches. It might seem like a drastic change, but give it a try sometime.  I promise, you will survive eating more healthy foods, unless you have some health condition.

5 comments:

  1. Hellooo,
    Just saw your tips video and loved it so here i am looking for more info.

    You say that you should only eat a meal thats the size of your palm or did i read that wrong? because looking at my palm comparred to usual portion sizes it looks tiny but i want to get fit&healthy.

    If you could explain that to me I would really be thankfull<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say there really are no "correct" portion sizes. The only people who would eat a meal that small would be the people who eat 5 or 6 small meals a day, which has been shown to be better for your metabolism. If I were you, I would focus more on eating lots of fruits and vegetables and eating whatever amount of food fills you up!

      Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete
  2. I love your tips. Didn't know that eating at night could possibly increases the chances of getting weight. I will follow the advice given in here.

    Regards,
    Finn Felton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy umm.. im 15 and i am allergic to rqising agents in foods like bread and other things.... i would like to be slimmer and its quite hard for me to get a breakfast in the morning because of school and i dont want to be late for it. I find it really hard to enjoy what im eating because its the same everyday because of my allergies. Could you reccomend ways that i could try and change what i eat at school

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi:) I'm thirteen years old , I weigh 110 lbs, and I am 5'1. Am I over weight, under weight or just right?

    ReplyDelete